The Detroit Metro Airport Marriott is looking for an experienced Lunch Restaurant Server to join our team in our North Restaurant and Lounge. The purpose of an PM Restaurant Server is to serve food and beverage to guests in a courteous and friendly manner in accordance with established brand/hotel guest service and sustainability standards
Greets and seats guests as quickly as possible, presents them with menus and answers questions regarding meal preparation.• Makes meal and drink suggestions as needed uses suggestive selling techniques.
• Takes order, presents check to the cook and bartender.
• Records all sales using appropriate cash register, and follows all cash handling procedures. Maintains cash bank, guest checks, and processes guest payment according to established procedures. Balances all checks and completes closing paperwork at the end of the shift.
• Serves order as soon as ready in a professional and pleasant manner. Makes sure proper garnish is on plate before serving. Presents check to guest for payment.
• Continuously checks on the needs of guests in entire restaurant, bussing tables, and pouring beverages. Responds in a proactive manner to any guest concerns to resolve.
• Completes side work to include polishing/rolling silverware, stocking condiments and glasses, sweeping and cleaning as directed by supervisor. Practices "clean as you go" method, and sanitation standards.
• Reports all tips received on a daily basis and records them on a tip declaration sheet.
• Assists with room service duties as necessary
• Check food before serving it to guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
• Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products and daily specials
• Uses guest's names whenever possible and learns guest preferences.
• Attend meetings/training as required by management.
• Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
The position offers health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k, voluntary LT & ST Disability, Paid Time Off, Professional Development and opportunities for career advancement.
WE ARE LOOKING TO HIRE IMMEDIATELY! APPLY NOW!