The Detroit Metro Airport Marriott strives to obtain amazing associates to join our fun, professional and team-based atmosphere.
At this busy airport property associates are constantly on the move assisting guest and fellow co-workers. The hotel features 249 guest rooms, over 6,000 sq. feet of meeting and banquet space, North Restaurant & Lounge, pool and Fitness Center, and 24-Hour airport shuttle.
If a fast-paced, high energy environment with opportunity for development and advancement is something you desire, we encourage you to apply! The hotel is managed by Chesapeake Hospitality, a growing and award winning hotel and restaurant Management currently manages 33 hotels and restaurants.
This position reports to the Food & Beverage Manager and will be a full time position working the 5:30 am shift.
Greets and seats guests as quickly as possible, presents them with menus and answers questions regarding meal preparation.• Makes meal and drink suggestions as needed uses suggestive selling techniques.
• Takes order, presents check to the cook and bartender.
• Records all sales using appropriate cash register, and follows all cash handling procedures. Maintains cash bank, guest checks, and processes guest payment according to established procedures. Balances all checks and completes closing paperwork at the end of the shift.
• Serves order as soon as ready in a professional and pleasant manner. Makes sure proper garnish is on plate before serving. Presents check to guest for payment.
• Continuously checks on the needs of guests in entire restaurant, bussing tables, and pouring beverages. Responds in a proactive manner to any guest concerns to resolve.
• Completes side work to include polishing/rolling silverware, stocking condiments and glasses, sweeping and cleaning as directed by supervisor. Practices "clean as you go" method, and sanitation standards.
• Reports all tips received on a daily basis and records them on a tip declaration sheet.
• Assists with room service duties as necessary
• Check food before serving it to guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
• Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products and daily specials
• Uses guest's names whenever possible and learns guest preferences.
• Attend meetings/training as required by management.
• Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
The position offers health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k, voluntary LT & ST Disability, Paid Time Off, Professional Development and opportunities for career advancement.
WE ARE LOOKING TO HIRE IMMEDIATELY! APPLY NOW!