The newly refreshed Detroit Metro Airport Marriott is looking for a Full Time Maintenance Technician to join our team in our Team. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining the physical structure as well as mechanical & operating systems of the hotel in the continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Ensure that the building, equipment and grounds of the hotel are maintained and are in keeping with hotel policies and procedures.• Manage the basic sanitation requirements/controls and applications of relevant chemicals.
• Ensure timely response to maintenance requests for services by guests, employees and management with the goal of keeping the maximum number of rooms available for occupancy.
• Immediately respond to any alarms to determine exact location and cause and report findings.
• Point out and assist in eliminating safety concerns.
• Understand and complete required paperwork.
• Maintain clean and organized work sites.
• Communicate both verbally and in writing, with employees, guests and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Perform preventative maintenance and special projects which include: Equipment maintenance: clean, lubricate, change filters, belts, pulleys, cleaning coils, lubricating, basic troubleshooting, etc.Light electrical: replace bulbs, ballasts, outlets and switchesLight Plumbing: plunge toilet, repair or troubleshoot faucets, showers, toilets, and urinals. Painting trim, doors, walls, and caulking. Drywall repair and texturing and light vinyl repair
• Must be able to understand basic mechanical systems including electrical, refrigeration, plumbing, heating and cooling, and basic construction to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
• Must be hands-on with the daily maintenance of the hotel.
• Ability to attend to guests, associates and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner which requires strong customer service as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize various project and be able prioritize daily workload.
• Ability to handle sensitive material with the utmost discretion and confidentiality.
• Must be energetic, a self-starter, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to work both independently and with a team.
• Must be effective at listening, understanding, and clarifying inquiries made by hotel guests and staff.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating hotel or operational needs.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Full time positions offers health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k, voluntary LT & ST Disability, Paid Time Off, Professional Development and opportunities for career advancement.
WE ARE LOOKING TO HIRE IMMEDIATELY! APPLY NOW