This beautiful 11-story Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport Hotel in Romulus, MI is conveniently located within minutes of the Detroit Metro Airport and just 20 minutes from the revitalized downtown Detroit. The hotel has 359 rooms, approximately 14,000 sq. feet of function space, a restaurant/lounge, indoor heated pool, a hot tub and a state-of-the-art Sheraton Fitness.
Chesapeake Hospitality, the new management company at the Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport Hotel is hiring a Full Time Banquet Houperson/ Set up to join our team.
The Banquet Houseperson/Set-up is responsible for setting up banquet and meeting space for all banquet functions in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
• Ability to attend to guests, associates and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner which requires strong customer service as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• General knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette service standards.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Must be detail-oriented in reviewing banquet set up.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and work with a team.
• Must be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Must be able to work varying schedules that include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
We offer competitive wage rates and benefits. Benefits include Hotel Discounts, 401k plan, voluntary LT & ST Disability, Paid Time Off, complimentary meal per shift, and opportunities for career advancement in our growing company.