Chesapeake Hospitality, the new management company at the Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport Hotel is hiring a Full Time Line Cook to join our team. This beautiful, 11-story Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport Hotel is conveniently located within minutes of the Detroit Metro Airport and just 20 minutes from the revitalized downtown Detroit. The hotel has 359 rooms, approximately 14,000 sq. feet of function space, a restaurant/lounge, indoor heated pool, a hot tub and a state-of-the-art Sheraton Fitness.
The Cook is responsible for maintaining, setting up, producing, and controlling quality of food items prepared according to specification.
• Outstanding customer service skills and ability to attend to guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Able to wear proper uniform and name tag at all times in accordance with Chesapeake Hospitality policies and procedures.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Must be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to work both independently and with a team.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Must be able to work varying schedules that include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
We offer competitive wage rates and benefits. Benefits include health, Dental, Vision, Teledoc, prescription, $20,000 life insurance, 401k plan, voluntary LT & ST Disability, Paid Time Off, hotel discounts, meal per shift, and opportunities for career advancement in our growing company.