An opportunity to join our friendly team in a new jewel of a property just a few miles down the river in Charleston's historic capital city. We are looking for an energetic, loyal person that enjoys cleaning to help to bring a great experience to our guests staying with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites. Managed by Chesapeake Hospitality, which is an award-winning hotel management company with a rich history and an established track record of successful operations for full-service and select-service hotels and an experienced management team that has operated virtually all of the leading hotel brands
The Front Office Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the operation of the front desk along with breakfast and providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in and checkout and throughout their stay, in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
• Greet, check-in and checkout guests approaching the Front Desk in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner and in accordance with company, hotel and brand standards.
• As needed, assist with scheduling, hiring and training front desk employees.
• Monitors, coaches, and evaluates guest service representatives and night auditors.
• Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities, restaurants, transportation, entertainment and hours of operation in a timely manner.
• Resolves guest challenges and takes appropriate action to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
• Build rapport with rewards members, distinguished visitors; escort guests to rooms, make welfare calls, encourage feedback throughout their stay.
• Identify, solicit and sign up potential reward members (if applicable).
• Maintain and market promotions and guest programs. Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
• Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
• Complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
• Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
• Review Front Office log daily.
The position offers health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, voluntary long & short term disability, paid time off, professional development and opportunities for career advancement.