Doubletree by Hilton Raleigh Brownstone University
DoubleTree by Hilton® Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University, located just steps away from NC State, shopping, dining and more. We are a 190 beautiful guest room property and a whopping 15,000 sq. ft. of flexible meeting space.
Employees are part of the Hilton Brand Family of Hotels and Chesapeake Hospitality. Chesapeake Hospitality is a dynamic management company offering a variety of opportunities for personal growth and professional development. We value our associates and believe in fostering an inclusive and supportive workplace. Above all, we believe that all of our employees should "Experience What's Possible" for themselves and their careers.
Our Team members are offered employee rates when they travel for leisure, friends and family discounts, discounted meals for their meal breaks. Medical, dental, vision, life Insurance, FSA, 401K and more are offered to Full time team members.
We are currently seeking a Guest Service Agent to join our team.
• Greet, check-in and checkout guests approaching the Front Desk in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner and in accordance with company, hotel and brand standards.
• Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities, restaurants, transportation, entertainment and hours of operation in a timely manner.
• Resolves guest challenges and takes appropriate action to ensure 100% guest satisfaction.
• Build rapport with rewards members, distinguished visitors; escort guests to rooms, make welfare calls, encourage feedback throughout their stay.
• Identify, solicit and sign up potential reward members (if applicable).
• Maintain and market promotions and guest programs.
• Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
• Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
• Ensure logging and delivery of packages, mail and messages to guests and meeting rooms.
• Use proper two-way radio and phone etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
• Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
• Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner.
• Process sales for guest marketplace, dry cleaning, postage and other miscellaneous transactions.
• Complete a bucket check, room rate verification report, and housekeeping report.
• Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Assist guests with safe deposit boxes.
• Review Front Office log daily.
• Be aware of all rates, packages, special promotions and closed out/restricted dates as listed.
• Be familiar with all in-house groups.
• Fill in and support coworkers and team as needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist when needed.
• Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management.
• Ability to attend to guests, associates and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner which requires strong customer service as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask, delegate and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings. • Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform/attire and nametag.
• Comply with company, hotel and brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Employee must be able to maintain standards of attendance and punctuality and must be able to work varying schedules that include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
Medical, Dental, 401K. Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Vision, Flexible Spending, Team member Travel Program, etc.