The newly renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Hollywood Beach is an upscale, full-service hotel located in the heart of beautiful Hollywood Beach, FL. We are looking for happy, sunny, hospitality professionals to shine as the face of our 311-room hotel - taking great care of our guests throughout their stay with us. We offer competitive wages, benefits, and fabulous travel discounts - all in an exciting, fast paced, always friendly environment!
The Banquet Server is responsible for greeting and serving food and drinks to banquet guests to ensure efficient and exceptional customer service.
• Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products.
• Retrieve and deliver food and drinks to guests in a professional and pleasant manner.
• Check food before serving it to guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
• Continuously check on the needs of guests at events and respond in a proactive manner to any guest concerns to resolve.
• Remove china, glassware, silverware, etc. from tables at the conclusion of the meal period and deliver to the stewarding
• Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
• Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times.
• Set banquet tables to meet function specifications.
• Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
• Assist others with side work including, but not limited to cleaning, stocking, folding silverware, breaking down trays, etc.
• Attend meetings/training as required by management.
• Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management.
• Minimum 1 year experience as banquet server in hospitality
• Ability to attend to guests, associates and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
which requires strong customer service as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Must be detail-oriented in reviewing final drink and food products.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and work with a team.
• Must be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs
We offer competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription & Life Insurance, 401k plan with company match, Voluntary LT & ST Disability, Critical Illness, Paid Time Off, Hotel Discounts and Opportunities for Career Advancement.