A great opportunity awaits you if you are looking for a chance to work with a great team in a rewarding hospitality atmosphere by helping to lead our restaurant team to ensure our excellent standards are being upheld for our guests that have come to expect excellence from the Holiday Inn & Suites. Help us to make our guests experience wonderful as they explore West Virginia's historic capitol city. This hotel is managed by Chesapeake Hospitality, a growing and award winning hotel and restaurant Management company
The Restaurant Supervisor is responsible for assisting with the oversight of the restaurant, room service and other food and beverage operations while delivering exceptional customer service and maintaining a profitable operation.
• Assist in the creation, recommendation and implementation of promotions, displays, buffet presentations and ideas to capture in house guests and a larger share of the local market.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of restaurant employees as needed; hire, train, develop, assess and empower staff to achieve the department's goals.
• Create staff schedules to ensure that demand is met and that restaurant is operating efficiently.
• Plan and direct food and beverage preparation and visually inspect all products sent from the kitchen and bar to ensure quality and timeliness.
• Assist in the monitoring, controlling and management of restaurant costs and expenses according to the budget.
• Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products along with proper equipment operation & maintenance.
• Practice and ensure restaurant cleanliness, correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations.
• Ensure and train employees to maintain a safe and secure environment at all times.
• Be aware of inventory at all times and requisition daily supplies as needed to ensure efficient operations.
• Ensure that the restaurant is set-up, organized and cleaned prior to opening and at the end of the shift according to operational policies and standards to ensure guest comfort and satisfaction.
• Resolve guest’s complaints and answer questions regarding menu items and beverages served and their contents and preparation.
• Greet customers, take drink/food orders, create, and serve food and drinks as needed.
• Assist and approach all guests in a sincere, courteous and service-oriented manner, and whenever possible, go the extra mile to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Adhere to all local and national liquor laws as well as established company, hotel and brand procedures.
• Take ownership of the department and be ready to step in and support employees as needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Attend meetings/training as required by management.
• Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management.
The position offers health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, voluntary long & short term disability, paid time off, professional development and opportunities for career advancement.