Follows recipe cards and/or product specifications for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food for consumption.
- Visually and physically inspects food items to ensure they are of the highest quality for consumption.
- Utilizes a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetables, trimming and cutting meat, poultry and fish for use. Operates a variety of kitchen equipment i.e. choppers, mixing machines, slicers, steamers, grills, etc.
- Controls food waste, loss and usage per hotel policies and procedures.
- Maintains standards of sanitation and cleanliness of kitchen, restaurant utensils, equipment, and the kitchen area. Practices "clean as you go" method, which requires that all equipment and all areas are kept in an orderly and sanitary condition at all times.
- Checks pars for shift use, determines necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Notes any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Assists in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of emergency and life safety procedures, and follows all key control and food handling procedures.
- Must be ready to step in and support coworkers and team as needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management.