The newly renovated Crowne Plaza Memphis Downtown is looking for Bartender/Server who want to make a difference and be a part of the success of our new Notes & Provisions Bar & Restaurant, located in our beautifully decorated lobby.
If you like to work with guests from all over the world and share your Southern Hospitality than this may be your dream job!
Greet customers, take drink/food orders, create/serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages including cocktails and beer.
• Assist and approach all guests in a sincere, courteous and service-oriented manner, and whenever possible, go the extra mile to ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Learn and use guest’s name to address them. Remember regular guest’s favorite drinks.
• Perform cashier duties following both Chesapeake, hotel and brand standards, while ensuring quality service and guest satisfaction.
• Thoroughly and correctly set up the bar prior to opening; make sure bar is clean before and at the end of shift according to operational policies and standards to ensure guest comfort and satisfaction.
• Completes necessary side-work as per schedule, this includes stocking and organizing all liquor, juices, glassware, paper, wines, cut fruit, etc.
• Answer guest’s questions regarding menu items and beverages served, their garnish, contents and preparation methods confidently and accurately.
• Utilize suggestive selling techniques to increase check averages.
• Complete and maintain up-to-date alcohol serving class, such as TIPS and/or other state approved classes.
• Adhere to all local and national liquor laws as well as established company, hotel and brand procedure.
Ability to attend to guests, associates and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner which requires strong customer service as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Extensive knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette service standards.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Must be detail-oriented in reviewing final drink and food products and general oversight of the bar.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and delegate daily workload.
• Must be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Full time positions offers health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401k, voluntary LT & ST Disability, Paid Time Off, Professional Development and opportunities for career advancement.