A beloved fixture of downtown Houston for nearly a half-century, The Whitehall remains the city's premier choice for business and leisure travel. A meticulous refresh of guest rooms, public areas, and restaurants completed in 2016 infuses our mid-century landmark with modern style, while remaining true to our rich history and enduring commitment to delighting guests with warm Southern hospitality. If a fast-paced, high energy environment with opportunity for development and advancement is something you desire, we encourage you to apply!
As a Restaurant Server, you would be responsible for serving food and/or beverages to guests while providing exceptional customer service and ensuring the financial profitability of the hotel.
• Ability to attend to guests, associates and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
which requires strong customer service as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and work with a team.
• Must be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform/attire and
• Comply with company, hotel and brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Employee must be able to maintain standards of attendance and punctuality and must be able to work varying schedules
that include mornings, evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
We offer competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription & Life Insurance, 401k plan with company match, Voluntary LT & ST Disability, Critical Illness, Paid Time Off, Hotel Discounts and Opportunities for Career Advancement.