Marriott Detroit Metro Airport is a full service Marriott Hotel managed by Chesapeake Hospitality. The newly refreshed Detroit Metro Airport Marriott offers a convenient location and friendly staff to create a personalized experience unique among Detroit airport hotels. Our hotel near Detroit Airport offers 11 meeting rooms with 6,600 square feet of flexible event space, making it the perfect choice for corporate and social events in the Detroit Metro Area.
At Chesapeake, Our Core Principles are Honesty, Integrity, and Humility and our culture of "Experience What's Possible" provides opportunities to grow your hospitality career.
The Banquet Server is responsible for greeting and serving banquet guests to ensure efficient and exceptional customer service.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS (See physical requirements section for more information)
• Retrieve and deliver food and drinks to guests in a professional and pleasant manner.
• Check food before serving it to guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
• Continuously check on the needs of guests at events and respond in a proactive manner to any guest concerns to resolve.
• Remove china, glassware, silverware, etc. from tables at the conclusion of the meal period and deliver to the stewarding
• Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
• Ensure serving station is well-stocked at all times.
• Set banquet tables to meet function specifications.
• Assist fellow team members and other departments wherever necessary to maintain positive working relationships.
• Ability to attend to guests, associates and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
which requires strong customer service as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Must be detail-oriented in reviewing final drink and food products.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and work with a team.
• Must be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform/attire and
• Comply with company, hotel and brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Employee must be able to maintain standards of attendance and punctuality and must be able to work varying schedules
that include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
Education & Experience: