The newly renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Hollywood Beach is an upscale, full-service hotel located in the heart of beautiful Hollywood Beach, FL. We are looking for happy, sunny, hospitality professionals to shine as the face of our 311-room hotel - taking great care of our guests throughout their stay with us. We offer competitive wages, benefits, and fabulous travel discounts - all in an exciting, fast paced, always friendly environment!
The Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for assisting the Front Office Manager with coordinating and managing the
front desk operation in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability
• Assist with providing day to day leadership to the team which entails hiring, training and developing, scheduling and
• Effectively schedules, monitors, and evaluates controllable expenditures to stay within the restraints of the established budget
through: wage control, purchasing control systems and proper inventory levels.
• Operate the Front Office and related departments within budgetary guidelines and in response to actual business conditions
• Work with Front Office Manager to develop and implement policies and controls on issues relating to front office to include
cash/check/credit card handling, credit procedures, guest services, handling of guest complaints, up selling and "walk
• Assist in establishing goals for the Front Office and related departments, analyze financial reports, anticipate and resolve
problems concerning all facets of the front office and related departments, anticipate trends, enact approved service, profit
oriented and cost saving ideas/activities.
• Work closely with the Sales department regarding VIP and special requests, group pick-ups and cut-off dates, and blocking
rooms; with Engineering on out of order rooms and blocking rooms for maintenance; and with Housekeeping on all rooms
related issues affecting the front office.
• Understand, operate and troubleshoot front office and telephone computer systems
• High School diploma / GED or equivalent education/experience required.
• 2+ years of front desk experience required.
• Computer experience with basic proficiency in Microsoft office and hotel property management systems required.
• Ability to attend to guests, associates and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
which requires strong customer service as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
We offer competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription & Life Insurance, 401k plan with company match, Voluntary LT & ST Disability, Critical Illness, Paid Time Off, Hotel Discounts and Opportunities for Career Advancement.