The newly refreshed Detroit Metro Airport Marriott is looking for a Part Time Coffee Shop Attendant/Barista to join our team in our North Restaurant and Lounge. The Coffee Shop Attendant/Barista will be responsible for greeting and serving guests beverages and/or food in the hotels continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service.
This position reports to the Food & Beverage Manager and will be a Part Time position working the 6am - 11am shifts
Greet guests and respond to guest requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.• Brew, sell, promote and prepare beverages according to established recipes and standards.
• Take guest beverage orders and accurately input orders in appropriate point-of-sale system.
• Maintains cleanliness of work area/outlet.
• Accurately total, process and collect payments from guests to include, but not limited to, using the point-of-sale system, handling money, processing credit and debit cards and making change.
• Requisition, stock and rotate products.
• Secure and store all beverages, food and other equipment items.
• Deposit cash drops, secure and balance bank and sign out/in keys.
• Provide directions to nearby areas.
• Reports all tips received on a daily basis and records them on a tip declaration sheet.
• Check food before serving it to guest to ascertain that appearance, temperature and portions are correct.
• Ensure knowledge of menu and all food products and daily specials.
• Uses guest's names whenever possible and learns guest preferences.
• Attend meetings/training as required by management.
• Ability to attend to guests, associates and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner which requires strong customer service as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• General knowledge of Food and Beverage etiquette service standards.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Must be detail-oriented in reviewing final drink and food products.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and work with a team.
• Must be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Must be able to work varying schedules that include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
• Able to wear proper uniform in accordance with Chesapeake Hospitality policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
We offer competitive wages, complimentary employee meals and parking, holiday pay and a well trained and knowledgeable management team!