Marriott Detroit Metro Airport is a full service Marriott Hotel managed by Chesapeake Hospitality. The newly refreshed Detroit Metro Airport Marriott offers a convenient location and friendly staff to create a personalized experience unique among Detroit airport hotels. Our hotel near Detroit Airport offers 11 meeting rooms with 6,600 square feet of flexible event space, making it the perfect choice for corporate and social events in the Detroit Metro Area.
At Chesapeake, Our Core Principles are Honesty, Integrity, and Humility and our culture of "Experience What's Possible" provides opportunities to grow your hospitality career.
The Cook is responsible for maintaining, setting up, producing, and controlling quality of food items prepared according to
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS (See physical requirements section for more information)
• Follows recipe cards and/or product specifications for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups,
meats, vegetables, desserts and other food for consumption.
• Visually and physically inspects food items to ensure they are of the highest quality for consumption.
• Utilizes a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetables,
trimming and cutting meat, poultry and fish for use. Operates a variety of kitchen equipment i.e. choppers, mixing
machines, slicers, steamers, grills, etc.
• Controls food waste, loss and usage per hotel policies and procedures.
• Maintains standards of sanitation and cleanliness of kitchen, restaurant utensils, equipment, and the kitchen area. Practices
“clean as you go” method, which requires that all equipment and all areas are kept in an orderly and sanitary condition at all
• Checks pars for shift use, determines necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Notes any out-of-stock items or
• Assists in prep work of vegetables and condiments as required for the next shift.
• Maintain thorough knowledge of emergency and life safety procedures, and follows all key control and food handling
• Must be ready to step in and support coworkers and team as needed to ensure efficient operation.
• Perform duties, special assignments and projects as requested by management.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
• Must be energetic and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to work both independently and with a team.
• Comply with company, hotel and brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Employee must be able to maintain standards of attendance and punctuality and must be able to work varying schedules
that include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
Education & Experience:
• 8 th grade education or equivalent experience required.
• 1+ years of experience in a related position.
• Food Handler/Safe Serv certification is preferred.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, balance, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel,
talk, hear, see, smell, taste and perform repetitive motions that require manual dexterity during and throughout their shift.
• This position requires the exertion of up to 50 pounds of force and lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate machinery and tools, determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness
of food and make general observations of facilities.
• This position is primarily indoors and may subject the employee to high or cold temperatures from machinery and moderate
We offer competitive wages, benefits, health, dental, and vision insurances, complimentary employee meal and parking, and a well trained and knowledgeable management team!