Holiday Inn Express Louisville NE
Breakfast Bar Room Attendant
The Breakfast Room Attendant is responsible for setting up and maintaining the breakfast area in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
• Set up and maintain the breakfast buffet in an attractive, organized and standardized presentation according to brand and company standards.
• Set up serving dishes, utensils, cups and other paper/china products.
• Set out cold food such as sweet rolls, muffins and cereal for self-service.
• Warm and set out hot foods.
• Clean tables and area around buffet by wiping, sweeping and /or mopping.
• Replenish buffet with food, beverages, and/or supplies as needed.
• Prepare and stock foods such as cut fruit, coffee and juices.
• Take inventory of food, beverages and other supplies needed for each day.
• Order or purchase food supplies as needed.
• Organize and put away food.
• Respond to complaints and find the appropriate solutions.
• Practice safe food handling procedures and abide by health codes.
• Ability to attend to guests, associates and management in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner which requires strong customer service as well as written and oral communication skills.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
• Must be able to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
• Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company and hotel standards and needs.
• Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
• Comply with company, hotel and brand standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
• Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
• Must be able to work varying schedules that include evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business dictates.
• Perform other duties as requested by management.
Education & Experience:
• 8th grade education or equivalent education/experience required.
• 6+ months of customer service experience required.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand for the entire shift, balance, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions.
• This position requires the exertion of up to 50 pounds of force and lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
• The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate machinery and tools, determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of food and make general observations of facilities.
• This position is primarily indoors and may subject the employee to hot or cold temperatures from machinery.
401K, Medical Benefits, Vacation & Personal Time, Holiday Pay