The newly renovated DoubleTree by Hilton Hollywood Beach is an upscale, full-service hotel located in the heart of beautiful Hollywood Beach, FL. We are looking for happy, sunny, hospitality professionals to shine as the face of our 311-room hotel - taking great care of our guests throughout their stay with us. We offer competitive wages, benefits, and fabulous travel discounts - all in an exciting, fast paced, always friendly environment!
The Cook is responsible for maintaining, setting up, producing, and controlling quality of food items prepared according to
• Follows recipe cards and/or product specifications for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other food for consumption.
• Visually and physically inspects food items to ensure they are of the highest quality for consumption.
• Utilizes a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, wash, peel, cut and shred fruits and vegetables, trimming and cutting meat, poultry and fish for use. Operates a variety of kitchen equipment i.e. choppers, mixing machines, slicers, steamers, grills, etc.
• Controls food waste, loss and usage per hotel policies and procedures.
• Maintains standards of sanitation and cleanliness of kitchen, restaurant utensils, equipment, and the kitchen area. Practices “clean as you go” method, which requires that all equipment and all areas are kept in an orderly and sanitary condition at all times.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, balance, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, feel, talk, hear, see, smell, taste and perform repetitive motions that require manual dexterity during and throughout their shift.
• 8th grade education or equivalent experience required.
• 1+ years of experience in a related position.
• Food Handler/Safe Serv certification is preferred.
• Outstanding customer service skills and ability to attend to guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English to adequately perform the duties of the job.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload.
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
We offer competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Prescription & Life Insurance, 401k plan with company match, Voluntary LT & ST Disability, Critical Illness, Paid Time Off, Hotel Discounts and Opportunities for Career Advancement.